Friday, May 14, 2021

Something Different

 I Can’t Be 55 (To the tune of “I Can’t Drive 55”, with apologies to Sammy Hagar)

One foot in the grave and one on the gas, hey! Well, I can't spend all my time in the past, no! I understand it’s getting harder to move Well, I hope that means I won’t be able to groove again!

I remember back when I was 25 Now my face looks more dead than alive Now I got wrinkles, and all that jive I can't be 55! Oh No!

Uh! So this whole year I’ve been 54, hey! My birthday says, "Boy, just one more... Now you’ll get all the senior discounts, Your grey hair is getting more pronounced” I said, “No!, Oh no!”! 

I remember back when I was 25 Now my face looks more dead than alive, Now I got wrinkles, and all that jive I can't be 55! Oh, no!

I can't be 55! I can't be 55! I can't be 55!

I can't be 55! Uh!

They tell me to relax, it’s just one year. But my eyesight is worse and I can’t hear. I used to sleep six hours, I now sleep all day. Huh! Why is retirement so damn far away?

I remember back when I was 25 Now my face looks more dead than alive Now I got wrinkles, and all that jive I can't be 55! No, no no,

I can't be... (I can't be 55!) I can't be... (I can't be 55!) I can't be 55!

James Rodgers

No comments: